Welcome! In 1990, Texas Bible Institute’s mandate came to Pastor Tommy Burchfield in Lagos, Nigeria, as young people asked him to take them to America and teach them the Bible. Our Alumni now represent 40 nations and we are still focused on the call of young adults around the world desiring to follow Jesus.
Here you will find helpful and important information about how to become an international student at Texas Bible Institute.
Completing An Application
There are two ways to complete an application. You can choose to apply online or download a paper application. All sections must be completed with your exact name as it appears on your passport. For applicants who decide to download a paper application, it’s important that you email all completed forms and documents to “email@example.com”. Please note that completing an application does not guarantee admission into the Texas Bible Institute program.
● A photo - A clear profile picture of yourself
● A valid passport - A clear photo of the biographic page in your passport.
● Official immunization records - An up to date immunization record displaying one of the following vaccines: MGC, MPSV4, MCV4, Menomune, Menactra, Menveo, Meningococcal, or Meningitis. All applicants must have met the vaccine compliance requirement within the past five years. All other vaccines are recommended but not required.
● Bank Statement - Each applicant must provide a bank statement including their name or financial sponsor's name with evidence of the applicant’s ability to purchase a round trip airline ticket, to and from the United States and the cost of living expenses while at Texas Bible Institute. For students who are responsible for their tuition, the bank statement must include enough funds to cover their tuition cost, round trip airline ticket and living expenses.
● Step 1: Complete General Information: It’s important you include a physical address (NOT a PO Box) and proper contact information.
● Step 2: Complete Personal Information
● Step 3: Complete Minister’s Recommendation Form
● Step 4: Complete Medical Information: Every applicant is required to include Emergency Contact information for a USA resident who can be reached in the case of an emergency. This can be a relative or family friend.
● Step 5: Complete Financial Information
● Step 6: Complete Liability & Release Waiver
● Step 7: Complete Background Check - This section is not required.
International applicants have the potential to receive a $2,400 (US Dollars) scholarship covering their tuition, food, lodging, and books. The review process will determine whether or not an applicant qualifies for a scholarship. Applications are submitted for review once all application requirements have been met.
Preparing For The Interview
Here are some helpful tips to assist you as you’re preparing for your visa interview. We are in faith with you for the favor of God on the day of your interview and throughout the entire preparation process.
● A visa interview can be scheduled at any time but you must have your I-20 before your visa appointment. Keep in mind, a visa cannot be issued 120 days before the program’s initial start date.
● You can visit your local EducationUSA for assistance as you prepare for your visa interview and to study in the USA.
● All I-901 fees are required to be paid in full. It’s important you take care of your I-901 fees along with other fees prior to your visa interview.
● Make sure that what you put on your visa application is aligned with what you say during your visa interview.
● Proof of finances is very important.
● You should make sure you’re able to show on a USA map where Texas Bible Institute is located. (Columbus, TX)
● Confidently know why you chose to attend Texas Bible Institute.
● It’s important you know and are confident about explaining how your education at Texas Bible Institute will assist you once you return to your home country.